Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I abhor violence

I abhor violence.

I   ABHOR violence.

I have seen domestic violence at home as a child and very often I was subjected to that. My father would react and overreact in a violent way quite often.

Physical punishment was inflicted to children on a daily basis by my mother and sometimes by my father. Those times I cannot forget since he would punch me with an open fist.  He would punch a preschooler with an open fist.  I hated my father and I made a promise to myself of NEVER being like him.  It took me years to see him as a man who had no emotional intelligence, a man who would act a certain way because he couldn't do any better. And, he was my father, an ontological reality.

Allegations of violence or hints of violence by my ex in the social media felt like being slapped in the face in front of a crowd. 

There were other issues but  I'm over those.

No comments:

Post a Comment