Once I sang a French song
early in the afternoon
on an open stage,
and I felt very happy
on an open stage,
in Edgewater, Chicago,
and I felt very sad
on that open stage
Once I sang Aline
and it was raining
on Granville and Sheridan,
once I sang a French song
and the wind was blowing
and the rain kept falling
Once I sang a French song
and Summer was over.
Someone said to me
you have a young heart
you have a young soul
but there was sorrow
in my exile’s heart,
that afternoon
on an open stage
when I sang a French song,
and the people applauded
despite the rain and the wind,
it sounded like me
but it was not me,
and Summer was over
when I sang a sad French song
on an open stage
in Edgewater, Chicago.
on an open stage,
and I felt very happy
on an open stage,
in Edgewater, Chicago,
and I felt very sad
on that open stage
Once I sang Aline
and it was raining
on Granville and Sheridan,
once I sang a French song
and the wind was blowing
and the rain kept falling
Once I sang a French song
and Summer was over.
Someone said to me
you have a young heart
you have a young soul
but there was sorrow
in my exile’s heart,
that afternoon
on an open stage
when I sang a French song,
and the people applauded
despite the rain and the wind,
it sounded like me
but it was not me,
and Summer was over
when I sang a sad French song
on an open stage
in Edgewater, Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment