Sunday, October 6, 2019

Against common sense - or Common sense as opposed to wishful thinking

I wrote this poem not too long ago.
Dreaming an impossible dream?
Clinging to an absurd hope?
Just plain wishful thinking?
        Let's face it Walker. Let's face it Walker, it looks as though it was carefully planned by JB and her close associates, right at the end of last Winter, that damned protracted Winter. You got screwed emotionally and otherwise.  Let's face it, Walker.  You're doing fine now and you can do better. Time to face reality, Walker.  You say you believe in her.  Believe in who?
You and JB wouldn't probably have much to talk about anyway, considering she's no longer the woman you loved and cherished.
She belongs to history.
Her own history.
My own history.
There were many good times, many good days.
-- There were glitches too, but we worked them out. Didn't we?
But money changes people, okay, drugs too, brutal withdrawal from opioids, a variety of strains and forms of cannabis, steroids and who knows what....
But in this case money played an important part.
I'd say money determines her attitude, her demeanor, even her self-esteem.
Money, just fucking money.  Most people do things just because they can, when they can.
-- 
I'm not that way.  I kept my cool when I fought creditors before bankruptcy and did not "freak out."
But JB is "most people." People who collapse when they have little or no money and feel omnipotent when they have a lot.
"Es lo que hay" bo.  She's gone, she became someone else. Juanita J. B. is gone.  



I believe in you
I have faith in you,
no matter whether you believe I believe in you,
no matter whether you yourself believe in yourself anymore,
regardless of your sudden changes
regardeless of your radical character mutations,
I believe in you
I have faith in you,
maybe because of this unawavering love
absurd unawavering love
  absurd unawavering hope
I am just a man in love
I am weak and I am strong
Vulnerable and resilient
seeminglly indestructible sometimes
incredibly fragile in certain occasions
And I still believe in you
  And I still have faith in you
Maybe because I know who your are
deep down,
I know who you are,
I know who you were,
And "la esperanza es lo último que se pierde"
"Hope is the last thing to die"
And despite everything else,
I stubbornly cling to this absurd hope
Because I love you
Despite everything and everybody else,
I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment